4. In the meta keywords tag of the HTML add keywords that contains the search term:
meta name="keywords" content="Melbourne Content Management, content management, cms, e-commerce, SEO, mobile web, email campaigns, website development, programming, technology partner, designers, graphic designers"
Don't use more than 25 keywords as Google may penalise your site.
5. In the meta description tag of the HTML create a description that contains these words:
meta name="description" content="We build websites, Flash, content management systems and database applications for designers in Melbourne."
This is the description people see when your page appears in Google results.
6. Try and mention your keywords ar least three times in general text on your home page.
6. If you have other phrases you'd like to optimise you can use the same apporach on other pages in your website.
7. Wait. Google uses many criteria to control search rank and one of them is the degree of change of your home page.
8. This approach will give you a good basic rank. If you want to do better, add content in your website that specifcally addresses these keywords. For instance, we have a few essays on Umbraco here http://www.yart.com.au/Resources/Umbraco-Tips-And-Tricks.aspx Additionally, find well know forums where users have asked questions and give answers that are hyperlinked back to these pages. We have not used this later approach to get the rank we have but it would help if the search term was competitive.
This is a simplified method that could obtain you great search results. However, if you need more thorough SEO you would be well advised to start a targeted campaign with our tools.
For more on SEO, read this great article http://awebsitedesigner.com.au/generating-traffic/the-only-way-to-win-at-seo-part-1/
Please feel free to contact us, we offer a one hour free consultation to help you get started!