/ Umbraco Tips And Tricks
/ Installing Umbraco on Windows XP With IIS 5
Installing Umbraco on Windows XP With IIS 5
After installing locally, add the library AntiXSSLibrary.dll to the bin directory. This should be used whenever saving data in C# from a form eg
string x = Microsoft.Security.Application.AntiXss.HtmlEncode(name)
x will have characters causing an XSS attack encoded.
Note this should also be used in Razor.
The latest version of the DLL can be found here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?FamilyId=051ee83c-5ccf-48ed-8463-02f56a6bfc09&displaylang=en
Or you can use the one in the zip file below which was downloaded April 2011.
To use the library, add a reference to your project locally. ftp-ing the dll's will include the reference.
Dont foret to configure email in web.config
Installation On A Windows 2008 Server
1. Don't forget to configure email in web.config
2. Configure where the email is sent from in umbracosettings.config under notifications/email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Change umbracoUseDirectoryUrls to true in web.config
4. Change addTrailingSlash to false in umbracoSettings.config
5. Change Umbraco debug mode to false in web.config as it slows the site down.